Thursday, January 28, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Because you asked (Jennifer, this is for you my friend!) here is the recipe for the Chocolate Chip Cookies I talked about in my Random Thoughts post yesterday. My only advice with these cookies is that you forego any diet that you may be on because they are SO GOOD and speaking from personal experience, you will not be able to only eat one. But maybe that's just me because I have no self-control when it comes to chocolate.

This recipe calls for 4 dozen cookies which is another thing I need to keep in mind in attempts to resist sugary, chocolatey sweetness when trying to lose some extra pounds. Not getting into the cookie jar every time I go into the kitchen isn't easy you know.




Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (or you can add an extra 1/2 cup like I did)
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, oil, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt; stir (with a wooden spoon) into the creamed mixture. Mix in chocolate chips and walnuts. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light brown. I baked them for 13 minutes because I like them soft. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a coule of minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

6 comments:

  1. You've tempted me. It is suppose to snow here in NC this weekend. I need to make sure I have all the ingredients! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, Yum! We're expecting some snow, too. Sounds like the perfect treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christy~
    These look SO good! Cream of Tarter huh? Who would of thunk?!?

    Thanks for sharing....I'll be making these this weekend...for sure!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YEAH!!! Can you hear me rejoice? Thanks for posting this! We're expecting to be snowed in this weekend and I am going to make (and eat) these cookies!!!! Thanks, Christy. :-)

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this recipe! Do you know if you can substitute canola oil for the vegetable oil?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to try these cookies. It is so hard to find a good chocolate chip cookie recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts...